Wednesday 24 December 2014

Merry Christmas Eve!!!



Evening all and Merry Christmas Eve!!! 

I just wanted to post today as I'm not sure when I'll next have the chance, seen as though for the next week or so I'm going to be all over the place visiting friends and family! I thought I would share with you some of the things I got up to this Christmas Eve. I've seen a couple of posts on this today so I thought it'd be fun to join in!





The first thing I do, on every day in December, is turn over my countdown to Christmas and have the final piece of my advent calendar. I swear they use to include one for Christmas morning, but the past few years mine haven't.



Like most years, when I walked out of my room this morning I was greeted with a little pile of gifts from my mum and a note that read 'It's nearly Christmas! All we need for a Merry Christmas Eve!'. The pile included mini chocolate santas, my new pjs (that you will have seen in my previous post), a vanilla bath bomb, hot chocolate and popcorn. 


Then it had my nails painted by my mum as I am absolutely shocking at painting my nails. I can't do anything like that, I'm far too heavy-handed! I painted them with a gel polish which was just from asda and it's a lovely, deep-wine colour. 


When I got dressed I just wore a cardigan and leggings with my Christmas Mickey Mouse top that I have worn every Christmas Eve for the past 3/4 years! Here's a picture of me in it, posing with my Christmas glass, cos I'm just that cool:



I did quite a lot of reading today, and I am finally getting closer to finishing Gone Girl! It has taken me months to read this book as I just can't find the time when I'm at school! Which is extremely frustrating as I used to read a book or two a month! 


Also today, me and my mum watched a film, which is a Christmas Eve tradition! We always like to watch a Christmas film to get us in the spirit and today we watched Arthur Christmas which I actually went to the cinema to watch when it came out about 3 years ago! I really love Arthur Christmas, especially for a cartoon which I sometimes don't really like, I think it's such a good film! 

This evening we went round to see two of my younger cousins, who are 3 and 5, and while my mum and auntie began preparing Christmas dinner for tomorrow, I helped my cousins leave out a mince pie, carrot and milk for Santa and Rudolph. I love the magic of Christmas when there are little ones around. It just isn't the same as you get older so I'm really glad I'm spending Christmas Day with them as I love to see their faces as they tell you what Father Christmas left for them under the tree! 

Finally, all that was left to do was curl up on the sofa in my new fluffy pjs and watch a little bit of TV before bedtime! 




I hope that everybody reading this has a very Merry Christmas, or a very Happy Holidays. Regardless of what holidays you celebrate at this time of year, if any, I hope you enjoy the final weeks of 2014! 

Have a magical time,
X



No comments:

Post a Comment