Sunday 21 December 2014

Reflection Tag: 2014!!

 

Today I decided to do the Reflection Tag! I found these questions on the internet but the set I found hadn't been used since 2008, so I'm going to recycle them and change them up abit to suit this past year. I'm also going to include one of my favourite pictures from the year under each question.
So let's get started- 

Enjoy!




1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?

Nothing massive has happened this year, however there have been a few little things that I'm really glad happened. For example: I joined my local youth cabinet and discovered something new that I love, I went on visits to London and Paris (my favourite cities), I started my GCSEs and they're going extremely well and I went camping for the first time!


2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?

Around April time I really struggled with my self and started showing symptoms of social anxiety. After visits to the doctor and a therapist I started CBT sessions but they didn't really work for me, so in September I stopped going and began learning how to deal with it myself.


3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?

I met Pixiwoo and Jim Chapman! 


4. What was an unexpected obstacle?

The only thing I can think of is the same as question 2. 


5. Pick three words to describe 2014.

Rewarding, difficult and thought-provoking.


6. Pick three words your best friend would use to describe your 2014 (don’t ask them; guess based on how you think they see you).

Challenging, happy, different.


7. Pick three words your best friend would use to describe their 2014 (again, without asking).

Fun, hardwork, happy.


8. What were the best books you read this year?

The Two Week Wait- Sarah Rayner

The Fault in Our Stars- John Green

The Hobbit- J.R.R Tolkien

The Cuckoos Calling- Robert Galbraith ( J.K Rowling)


9. With whom were your most valuable relationships?

My mum, like she is every year and Aimee! I feel like we 'rekindled' our friendship and became close again.


10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?

This would again be the same as questions 2 and 4, but I would also say that I think I've matured a lot this year. I've had to deal with things I wouldn't normally deal with, and especially the past few months I've become more opinionated and strong minded than I've ever been.


11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?

I think I've become a lot stronger emotionally. I'm able to deal with things more easily than in the past, but sometimes I struggle to tell people how I'm really feeling, which is something I should work on.


12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?

I think I've become a better person in some ways. Others will probably not notice the changes, but I've begun to appreciate smaller things in life this year. I've begun to enjoy things like the night sky and taking long walks. Also, this year I have spent a lot less time on my phone/social media than normal, which has made me much calmer and happier. I've also started to have stronger opinions on things like sexism, mental health and homophobia and feel like I desperately want to do something to make a change. This is the first time I've ever felt passionate about such issues, which again makes me see the changes I've been through as a person.


13. In what way(s) did you grow physically?

I don't think I've grown in any way physically, unless you mean me growing in height, in which case I have!


14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?

I think my relationships have slightly changed this year, in ways I wouldn't have predicted. I've become closer to people I didn't think I'd be close with, and drifted from people I thought I'd always be close to. But every thing happens for a reason and so long as I'm happy I try and take everything in my stride.


15. What was the most enjoyable area of managing your home?

Maybe I'm reading this question wrong, I don't know, but I don't manage a home, my mum does!


16. What was your most challenging area of home management?

This is the same answer as the previous question!


17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?

Worrying over change and grades. I worry A LOT!!! But I worry all the time over change in my life, despite me being a strong believer in 'Everything Happens for a Reason'. I'm getting better at accepting that things just won't always be the same though. I also worry and get upset over grades, far too often. I put a lot of pressure on my self to do well, and at the end of the day I know I'm going to do well if I try my best, so I know deep down I need to stop piling on the pressure and just take things a bit more easily.


18. What was the best way you used your time this past year?

I think writing this blog had been a great way to spend my spare time. When I write on my blog I feel like a weight has been lifted as I just get everything off my mind. I also enjoy writing posts about serious issues. So far I've done posts entitled 'Who Needs Labels' and 'The Truth About Sexism'. I love writing these posts because they are the closest I can get to getting my voice heard, as very often at my age nobody takes me seriously.


19. What was the biggest thing you learned this past year?

1) I'm a lot stronger than I think.

2) I can conquer anything if I put my mind to it.

3) People lie and people pretend to be something they're not. You just have to learn to spot the fake people from the real friends.


20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2014 for you.

In 2014 I learnt a lot about myself. I found my voice and passions and I began to develop a clearer image of what I want to achieve in the future. I feel like I've developed a sense of meaning and purpose in the world and I now have the drive that's making me want to do great things, see amazing sights, teach and educate people on the issues that are important to me and make a difference to someone or something. 

I really hope you enjoyed reading about my year as much as I enjoyed writing about. I also hope you enjoyed looking back at some of my favourite pictures from the year. 

I now tag...

Jake Jamie from http://makeupwithjakejamie.blogspot.co.uk/

Eleanor Mae from http://eleanormaes.blogspot.co.uk/

Sarah from http://thevelveteenfemme.blogspot.co.uk/


...to answer these questions, and take a look back at your year. You don't have to post this if you don't want, but if you do I shall look forward to reading it!


Thank you for reading,

Speak Soon

X


No comments:

Post a Comment