Friday 2 January 2015

My Goals for 2015



For the first time, I am completely unexcited for a new year. I have so much to look forward to in 2016 that 2015 just feels like an annoying waste of time to me. It's only day 2 yet I'm already counting down the hours until next year! 

However, I do want to use this 'waste of time' wisely and efficiently. So to motivate myself I'm going to view 2015 as a bit of time to myself and I suppose to develop myself further and prepare for the exciting times awaiting me in 2016. 

So that is what I have based this year's goals on. Enjoy...

Read, Read, Read...
I've been a little book worm since I was about 4 years old. When I was younger I could always be found buried in a book; usually Jacqueline Wilson. However as I've got older, especially as the work load at school has piled up, I've found that when it comes to relaxing in the evening I just want to watch tv or YouTube videos, things that don't require any thinking or effort. So this year u want to regain my inner bookworm and read more. I've got plenty of books sitting in my room untouched, dying to be read. I've just signed up to Goodreads and I've set myself a reading challenge of 20 books for this year! So wish me luck!

Strive to be the best version of me...
I love this goal all the more because it rhymes. But keeping in mind my previous post, you'll know that I think it's silly that we only try and change ourselves in the new year! So I'm going to try and change myself to be the best person I can, throughout the year, not just when the next December 31st rolls round.

Care less about what others think...
If you love a song that all your friends hate, turn that song up and celebrate being different! I need to learn to focus more on me and less on others. This might sound incredibly selfish, but I don't mean in terms of giving, helping or loving.  I mean in terms of putting my feelings first. Sometimes I try too hard to please other people. I'll go along with plans that I know I won't enjoy or I'll put myself in situations that make me unhappy because I don't want to disappoint people. However I really think it's time I, sort of, stood up for myself and focused on making sure I'm happy, before I make others happy.

Stand up for issues I'm passionate about...
I'm getting there already on this one. I've began speaking to my friends more about things like homophobia, sexism and gender issues and of course I've written about some important issues on my blog. However, I'm far from reaching a large audience, which is part of the reason I began my blog, as I want to get my voice heard. I've joined my local youth cabinet which I will one day write a post about, however for now I don't think I've been part of it long enough to share my experiences. So this year I want to make sure I continue working on getting my voice heard and I want to ensure that I stick by my passions and spread the word about issues that are important to me.



That's it for this year's resolutions! I hope you enjoyed reading mine and making yours. Good luck with all you do this year! I hope 2015 is kind to you!

Speak Soon
X


2 comments:

  1. All the very best with your goals for 2015.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Hope you have a great year and good luck with any goals you may have set for 2015 too :) x

      Delete