Thursday 1 January 2015

New Year, New Me? I Don't Think So...


Hello and Happy New Year! I hope you all had a great time welcoming in the New Year.

We have once again found ourselves at that point where everybody vows to change. We make resolutions, promising to become a new and better person. We swear we will resolve our issues. Eat healthy, lose weight, travel the world, mend this, change that and sure, many might stick to them and maybe even benefit for the better. But I bet that all, or at least most, of you reading this has promised something one New Year and failed to follow it through. Maybe that sounds depressing or unsupportive, I don't know, but I think the truth is, we all put far too much pressure on ourselves to become a better person just because a New Year has rolled around.

Why is it that we only plan to change ourselves when it's a New Year. Surely we should constantly be trying to better ourselves, whether it's a new year, month, week or day?

So yes, this new year I will make the old stereotypical resolutions. However I will be calling them goals as I feel this word gives you something to aim for but doesn't apply the pressure that a 'resolution' does. I'll be posting my goals for 2015 tomorrow, however this year, one of those goals will be to always try and better myself. Not just because it's a new section of time, but because I want to, always, try and strive to be the best I can be. 

Thanks for reading,

Speak Soon
X


2 comments:

  1. Totally agree, and I think once you see someone else fail their resolutions (normally to eat better) you think, ah screw it I will too! I started my diet on a random Sunday in October (in 2012). Only diet that's worked, NYR never did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! & I agree that seeing others fail also lead us to fail which is all the more reason to change at a different time in the year when there's no one around you to watch try and, not succeed. .

      Delete