Saturday 15 November 2014

Daily Diary #4 : Birthday Parties and School Assemblies


Saturday 15th November

Tonight there's a party at my house to celebrate my Dad's 40th birthday, however, I'm not invited! It's just his siblings and friends, meaning I've been sent to my grandparents along with all my little cousins between the ages of 0-5; I'm in for a fun night! ;) 

I've spent today helping my Mum decorate the house and I have to say it looks fab! She surprised my Dad with a new shirt, trainers and wedding ring (his has gone really dirty and wrecked from work) when he got home for him to wear tonight at the party and then while he got ready in his new attire, I was shipped off to 'play group' aka my nanna and grandad's! 




I mentioned in an earlier 'Daily Diary' that I had written to the head about talking more openly in school about mental health. Since that post we've spoken to the head and the assistant head and together with them, me and my friend are going to plan assemblies to present to the school, sometime after Christmas. Hopefully this should help open peoples minds on the topic of mental health. 


Today I posted this picture on twitter- 


I just thought I'd share it on my blog too as I think it's absolutely brilliant! I relate to this picture so much, especially at my age as many teenagers live to fit in with the crowd. Every outfit they where, every song they play is just to fit in and be the same.

However I think we should aim to be different. Aim to stand out. Aim to be noticed. 

Speak Soon
X

No comments:

Post a Comment