Thursday 6 November 2014

November Favourites

As the month begins to draw to a close and we get ever closer to the excitement and merriment of December, I thought it was time I shared with you some of my favourites of November! I know it's a little early but for most of December I'm going to be posting range of Christmas gift guides including- 

For Mum
For Dad
Debenhams Under £10
Debenhams Under £30
Debenhams Over £30
For Him Under £20
For Her Under £20
For Children 
D.I.Y

If there are any more you'd like to see then please let me know and I'll do my best! In the meantime, here are my November favourites, enjoy!



Day/Moment-  

One of my favourite moments of the month was by far bonfire night! I won't go on about it too much as I have written a blog post about it so you can go and read about it there and see some photos, but it was absolutely breathtaking and I'd reccomend to anyone to do the same thing we did!! 

My second favourite moment of the month is also one of my proudest moments ever! Although it's only small I did an essay in November which was a 2 hour exam about Romeo and Juliet and was worth 10% of my English Literature GCSE. This is the first thing I've done that actually goes towards my real GCSEs so I was really nervous to get the result back but.... 

I got an A* !!!!! 

I can't believe it! It's only 10% so that by no means says I'm going to get an overall A* when I finish the full course, but I'm so proud that I got it on that essay because I put so much work in to it! I have another essay for this GCSE on Thursday which is worth 15% but this one is a lot harder so I'm quite nervous about this one! But we'll just have to wait and see! 


Clothing-

My favourite clothing item has been a pair of mittens! I've been practically living in them on cold nights during November.


 

Song- 

I've had a few favourite songs this month! 

The first is Sex by the 1975. I really like this song, however I much prefer covers of it when the song is slowed down. 

Original version - http://youtu.be/xeDGfk0UJw8
Cover by Luke Friend- http://youtu.be/AZ5xsRjGK30

The second song I've been loving is American dream by MKTO. I liked the song Classic by them but then this came out and although it's a little cheesy, and not my normal music taste, I absolutely love it and it's quite a happy, feel good song!



The final song I've been playing on repeat lately is by Sam Smith and is called Like I Can. 
Yet again, I love this song! I always really like Sam Smith's songs but then they get overplayed on the radio and I go off them, but so far I haven't heard this on the radio and I bloody love it! 



Random- 

My random favourite of the month is a lip scrub. 


This is called Lip Service and is from Lush. I sometimes struggle to wear lipstick because I have very cracked and chapped lips so lipstick doesn't sit right on me, however if I apply this before lipstick it makes my lips completely smooth and lipstick sits perfectly. I love the taste and smell of it too! I want to say it's lemon flavour/scent, but I'm not sure! 


Makeup- 

My favourite makeup item of the month is this palette from Bodycare. It has very colour you could need, from bright blue and green, to neutral browns and oranges.



This palette cost £3 or £4 which is pretty ridiculous for the amount you get and I have to say these eyeshadows are the best I've ever used! They are so pigmented and shimmery. They are far better than the eyeshadows I have from Clinique and when I use up this palette I will definitely be repurchasing!


Quote- 


I love this quote! It's definitely become one of my favourites, not just in November, but of all time! 

I didn't know who Walter Bagehot was, but after a little research I found that he was a British journalist, businessman, and essayist, who wrote extensively about government, economics, and literature. I found this really interesting because I'm very interested in government and literature myself! 

I like this quote so much because I find at my awkward age of 15, I'm very quickly approaching adulthood and I am quite quickly getting a more mature mindset. However, all of my family and teachers still think I'm young and immature, and where I might still be young, I'm far from immature! I have valid opinions and thoughts and I'm passionate about different things, however I'm never taken seriously. One of the things I'm passionate about is going to university when I'm older. I really want to go and I'm pretty certain on the career paths I might want to take. However I still find that a lot of people think I'm still a child and my choices will change within a few weeks and I'll all of a sudden want to do something else, which I know is not the case. Therefore, I will find the greatest of pleasure in 6/7 years time, when I storm out of that university with my degree in hand and that hat on my head and get to show everyone how serious I was! 


I hope you enjoyed this months favourites and I hope you come back to see all my Christmas Gift Guides! 

Speak Soon
X




No comments:

Post a Comment