Sunday 9 November 2014

I'm So Lucky...


Recently I came across THIS article about a little boy named Ben who is just 9 years old. Ben has a condition which is slowly taking away his eye sight and soon he will be completely blind. This article really touched me and made me think how lucky I am, not just to have my sight, but for many other reasons too. I thought I'd share them with you:


1, I have a house that I get to come home to every night. It isn't a mansion, but it has four walls and a roof, and that's all we need.

2. I get to eat three meals a day, every day, and if I wanted I could eat much more than that.

3. My mum has always tried to give me everything I wanted and pretty much always has.

4. We don't have much money compared to some people, but we're rich compared to others.

5. I have a huge family that I know are always there for me and who I love dearly. 

5. So far, I have been in education for 11 years of my life and I'm still not finished. This is so much more than some get in a lifetime. 

6. I have eye sight. It isn't perfect and I need to wear glasses on the computer, or while reading, but I can see and that's something some people can only dream of.

7. I can hear. I know the sounds of my family and friends voices, of sweeping a floor, of sizzling bacon and of singing birds. Something that others can only imagine. 

7. I have close friends that would support any choices I made in life and that regularly tell me they love me. But they are also honest enough to tell me the truth, even if it hurts, for my own good.

8. I get to choose what I wear every day, from a wardrobe full of clothes, instead of having nothing or just having to wear something because it's all I have.

9. I live in a part of the world where ( on the whole ) I'm free to wear what I want, act how I want, be what I want and live how I want, without being in danger.

10. I do not live in a part of the world where I would be discriminated against for being female. Where I wouldn't be allowed an education or a job or to choose who I marry. 



I am comfortable in being me. 

Somehow I've come to accepted who I am. I may not like, certain things about myself and might wish to change some things if I had the chance, but on the whole I'm happy. 

I'm extremely lucky compared to a lot of people so I don't think it's fair of me to stress about the little things that go wrong, or the things I don't like about myself, as there are many, many people who could only dream of a life like mine, however ordinary it may seem.   

Speak Soon
X

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! We all need to look at our blessings from time to time.
    Fatema -http://bloggerfatema.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed it, and you're right, we do need to count our blessings and I don't think most of us do it enough! X

      Delete